Software Services Contract Template
What is this?
This is a tried and tested bespoke software services contract. This contract contains the following list of key clauses:-
1. Conditions Precedent/Term and Services
3. Specification of Requirements
4. Obligations of Software Vendor
5. Acceptance Testing
6. Obligations of Client
7. Price and Payment
8. Software Warrenty
9. Data Protection and Content
10. General Intellectual Property Rights and Licence
11. Background Intellectual Property and Licence
12. Foreground Intellectual Property and Licence
13. Residuals Clause
14. Intellectual Property Indemnity
15. Client Warranties
16. Software Vendor Warranties
20. Project Management
23. Change Control
24. Force Majeure
26. Dispute Resolution
28. Assignment and Third Parties
29. Entire Agreement
35. Governing Law
Schedule 1 Statement of Work
Schedule 2 Change Control Procedure
Why it’s useful?
If you are in the process of setting up your own software development business you will definitely need a contract like this in order to avoid arguments and conflicts with clients and to minimise potential client litigation. The contract cost over £1000 to design and build and has been tried and tested over many years. This will become premium content in the new year and as such a chargeable item so get this while you can.
How to use it?
All the parts of the contract must be changed in order to use it are highlighted in RED. Many of the word highlighted can be replaced using Words find and replace function saving lots of time.
Copyright @ Clarety Consulting 2009
This entry has been viewed 1739 times.
No comments yet.