FREE Project Communications Plan Template

Posted by Kevin Brady on Sat 5th April 2008 at 12:30 AM, Filed in Document Templates & ToolsKey Document Templates

Click -Communications Plan Template - to download Word document

A communications plan, after the establishment of risk and issue processes and procedures, is the next most important set of processes and procedures to get established if you want to give your project the best chance of success.

As an advocate of best practice I would only produce a separate communications plan at programme level and incorporate it as part of a wider PID (Project Intiation Document). However, sometimes clients want things to move onto quickly with the minimum of documentation, that delivering quick fire process and procedure documentation piecemeal is the only way to prevent yourself getting bogged down in two weeks or more of PID design, definition and sign-off work take up most of your mental bandwidth and time.
The attached template is an actual communications plan used on a recent project with all the contextual details left in so that much of the work in re-sculpting it for use in your own project is kept to the minimum. The names and key facts have been omitted for client confidentiality reasons.
The template contains Visio organisation charts so make sure you have Visio installed before clicking on this and changing them for your own use.
Good luck with this template. I hope it makes a difference to the success of your project. Please send me any updates to this template if you have improved it in anyway so I can share it with my readership.

This entry has been viewed 74072 times.

READER COMMENTS:

great !

Posted by sukhdev  on Fri 30th January 2009 at 12:59 PM | #

can i look at the samples of your project documented or templates…

Posted by eralou  on Mon 2nd March 2009 at 10:22 AM | #

i really really need the samples of your project templates

Posted by eralou  on Mon 2nd March 2009 at 10:26 AM | #

Hi All,

Can someone please send me a communication plan template that I can use for my School Project? It can be on any project but I would prefer an II Project.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Regards,

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Darco  on Tue 20th October 2009 at 03:51 AM | #

hi i need communication plan template relatted off-site construction projects please send me

Posted by mohammed  on Mon 22nd February 2010 at 03:31 PM | #

POST A COMMENT:

Please feel free to submit relevant comments to this entry but note: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed as will be personal abuse and defamatory remarks. Reasoned debate and substantiated critique on the topic in hand is encouraged and welcomed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.

Name:

Email address is required but will not appear publicly: