FREE IT Project Status Report Template
I recently carried out some searches via Google to see if I could find a high grade downloadable IT Project Status Report template. To my dismay all I could find were mostly one-page Word documents with a few headings, poor formats and little if any useful content. Many seemed a far cry from what I would call a ‘best practice’ template, capable of informing and impressing stakeholders.
Taking this research into account I have updated the template (16/10/08) which was previously offered on this site to take it to a level which I believe makes it the best Project Management Status Report Template available on the internet. If you are interested in impressing your stakeholders and want a professional looking report then you need to download this file which comes with our new and improved issue /risk log templates and associated risk /issue performance metrics calculator.
Our Project Status Report was in fact a real report issued to a client, which has been changed so that Clarety keeps to its client confidentiality commitments. The content left in this report (highlighted in yellow) should give you a clue as to how you can go about completing this report to a high standard.
So, what exactly separates this status report from the rest of the competition?
(1) Embedded in the template offer FREE tools and “How to?” articles. All designed to support your project and the completion of our Weekly Status Report Template. These tools etc can be listed as follows :-
- Guide regarding what is Earned Value (EVA), and why it is important.
- Access to a free EVA calculator (excel format).
- Access to a complete suite of FREE project budgeting templates for estimation and cost monitoring purposes (excel format).
- Risk & Issue Metrics tool which will show how risk and issue management is performing over time. For presentation purposes this tool delivers its results in tabular and graph based form (excel format).
- Risk and Issue logs with automated time saving features (excel format).
(2) Budget performance profile which shows the bottom line budgetary performance of your project.
- EVA Project Profile showing key indictors (to name but a few) such as :-
- EAC (Estimate at Completion)
- ETC (Estimate to complete)
- CPI (cost performance index)
- SPI Schedule Performance Index
(3) Improved tabular layout, so that features you don’t want can be removed with the minimum of fuss. Also, the parts of the report that invite lots of free text content use text boxes instead of table cells so that you have more control over the layout and format of your text. This report has a very professional look and is designed to be totally customisable.
With all the embedded links, tools and features we are providing you all you need is MS Project and you can are on the way to starting up your project.
If you think this template is great and it has helped you or alternatively you have ideas on how to improve it then please comment. In addition please note that Clarety has now been running for some 2 + years and has become increasingly popular receiving 4000+ hits a day. The workload and cost of running this site is increasing. In order to maintain it going forward we increasingly need the help of others to create templates and cutting edge content. If you would like to help support us in our continued efforts to make this the best FREE Project /Programme Management Resource centre on the Internet then please click on the Tip Icon Below.
This entry has been viewed 107057 times.