FREE Example Consultants Service Contract

Posted by Kevin Brady on Fri 20th October 2006 at 09:00 AM, Filed in Document Templates & ToolsLegals

Click here to download a FREE EXAMPLE CONSULTANTS SERVICE CONTRACT

A regular visitor to this site asked me for some help in obtaining an example of a good consultant’s Service Contract, which he could use to close a direct deal with a potential client.

image

So, here is a copy of the kind of personal service contract I use with UK clients and under UK legal jurisdiction. This contract has most, if not all, of the IR35 friendly clauses you would typically see in a standard PCG Contract, plus additional clauses covering payment of earned fees and the all important exit aspects of any consultancy contract.

To aid quick implementation of this service agreement, I have highlighted the commercially variable aspects of the contract, which I usually change from client to client.

One of the key tips I have to offer any would-be consultant is to always make sure that your invoice and payment cycles never gives the client credit which exceeds the Small Claims Court limit, which in the UK is £5000 any one claim, (visit the following website Compact Law for further information).

If you have to resort to the County Court because your invoices exceed this limit, the legal costs associated with taking your claim to court can be significant, and if the claim fails, you run the additional risk of paying the other side’s costs. All of which can be prohibitive, and it is often best to swallow your pride and the loss unless a very significant sum is outstanding.

Good luck to all newbie consultants and I hope this contract will help you on your way.

Disclaimer - I offer NO legal guarantees nor do I accept any legal liabilities associated with the use of this contract. All I can say is it has worked for me in terms of making sure I get earned fees and any notice of cancellation paid when challenged at court.

This entry has been viewed 40273 times.

READER COMMENTS:

I am a conslutant,I need the template for my next project,so I need your help.

Posted by john  on Tue 27th March 2007 at 04:26 AM | #

I am working for a cleaning company in Cyprus.  I need a template of an Agreement.  So when our company get new jobs we can give an agreement on the agreed price and services we will provide them.

I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Thanks

Posted by Angela Everett  on Fri 18th January 2008 at 11:02 AM | #

Dear Sir/ Mam,

We need your help, please send us some example for service-contract documents.

We are really appreciate for your kindly attention.

Regards,

Ichsan

Posted by Mohammad Ichsan, Mr.  on Thu 13th November 2008 at 05:42 AM | #

Clarety is willing to help anyone. Please go to our contact page and email us our specific needs and we will see what we can do.

Posted by Kevin Brady  on Fri 21st November 2008 at 10:46 PM | #

Dear Sir/ Mam,

We need your help, please send us some example for examples of service-contracts.

We are really appreciate for your kindly attention.

Regards,

Vaqif

Posted by vaqif  on Wed 8th July 2009 at 07:24 AM | #

I am posting a Software Services contract over the coming weekend.

Posted by Kevin Brady  on Thu 9th July 2009 at 04:30 PM | #

Dear sir,

I have just setup a freelance software development company and have just completed a project. And I want to propose a annual service agreement for the ongoing support and troubleshooting. If you can send me a contract template, I will be very grateful.

Many thanks,
John

Posted by John  on Wed 4th November 2009 at 09:38 AM | #

POST A COMMENT:

Please feel free to submit relevant comments to this entry but note: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed as will be personal abuse and defamatory remarks. Reasoned debate and substantiated critique on the topic in hand is encouraged and welcomed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.

Name:

Email address is required but will not appear publicly: