An experienced Programme Director with 20 years experience in delivery of mission critical software development and software /infrastructure refresh programmes. Kevin has seen some of the most dramatic changes in the IT industry having delivered major IT programmes if work right through the turbulent times of year 2000 millennium bug and the Dot.com bubble.
Has successfully delivered large scale programmes with budgets in excess of £60 million and 350 plus staff for a diverse range of business sectors. This includes insurance, new media, manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, Telecommunication and on-line gaming business sectors.
Kevin has setup and managed mixed onshore/offshore development teams where significant proportions of the development work was undertaken in offshore development offices based in the US /India and China. Each offshore programme involved staff counts of between 250 and 350 staff.
The corner stone of Kevin’s approach to successful programme delivery is based around what he calls “transparency management”. This can be summarised as programme management through the provision on bottom-up transparency in the form of baseline progress tracking, risk & issue management, change control, quality assurance and financial management through the use of EVA (Earned Value Analysis). The regular reporting and provision of these facts to programme stakeholders allows them to be manipulated /steered towards programme delivery success. These programme control processes have typically been implemented by Kevin through the set-up of PMOs (project management offices).
- Delivering large scale programmes through structured methods
- Full operational set-up and management of PMOs
- Delivery of projects and programmes in the onshore/offshore model
- Global system rollouts
- Experience of managing and leading large cross-disciplinary teams
- Stakeholder Management
- Project /Programme Management Mentoring and Training
Sector Experience Summary
- Insurance – London & General Insurance Markets migration /integration and software delivery programmes.
- Telecoms – Customer Web Portal delivery (Telewest Blueyonder Programme) CRM /CMS
- Retail – Ocado home shopping website – CRM /CMS /Order Management /SAP.
- Manufacturing – Masterfoods – Supply Chain On-line Auction capability - ezMarket
- Gaming – National Lottery – Programme Manager – Delivery of the National Lotteries games and draws results portal.
- FCII & LMC Qualified (Chartered Insurer /Underwriter Status)
- PRINCE 2 Accredited & Honours Degree in Economics
- Advanced MSP Practitioner
Contact - 0208-150-6451
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Home